Our Server Monitor Agent is written in bash language, we’ve coded it as simple as possible, and made it easy to read and understand for anyone wanting to look into its source code.
You can find and inspect it on GitHub:
To make a summary for those not interested in inspecting the code, here’s an exact list of what data will our agent collect from your server and send to our platform:
- Agent Version – represents the version of the HetrixTools Agent transmitting the data towards our platform
- Operating System – represents the operating system that your VPS or dedicated server runs on (ie: Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS)
- CPU Model – will be the name of your processor
- CPU Speed – the frequency at which the processor runs on
- CPU Cores – how many cores does the CPU have
- CPU Usage – percentage of CPU usage
- Total RAM – the amount of usable RAM on the server
- RAM Usage – percentage of RAM being used
- Disk Size – represents the size of the disk on the server
- Disk Usage – percentage of the Disk being used
- Received Traffic – represents the incoming transfer rate
- Transferred Traffic – represents the outgoing transfer rate
The above mentioned data is being collected and sent to our platform once every minute.
Additionally, our install agent and uninstall agent scripts will also ping, one time, the HetrixTools platform, letting it know the installation/uninstallation has been completed for that particular agent. No data is being sent out or received during this ping, it serves just as a status update for the user to view in their dashboard.
All data is being sent over SSL.
No identifiable data is being collected (ie: IP address, provider, etc).